Saturday, February 2, 2013

Going 30 for 30: The Tupelo Press Project

oh my.  oh my goodness.  for the month of february i am taking part in the Tupelo Press 30/30 Project.  basically: i will use my running skills, (which lord knows i am always working on), & writing chops, (come on mfa, get it girl!) to produce a new poem every day for, in this case 28 days (as february is shorty mcshorterson).  the goal:  raise funds for the outstanding Massachusetts publishing house, Tupelo Press.  through sponsorship of my words, you are helping to sustain a non-profit literary press, that in turn, is able to sustain the poet & the art of poetry.

i am excited by this challenge.  as in running, i tend to rise to greater heights with the pressure of small benchmarks in my path.  this definitely gives glorious pressure & i look forward to what it brings.  i am surrounded by amazing poets & writing for a remarkable cause.  i am so hopeful.

my 30/30 compatriot lené gary, had the fabulous idea(!) that we each write a manifesto on why were writing this month, or at all.  my february manifesto can be found on lené's smart, smart blog, bite my manifesto.

to follow my word-race poem extravaganza, please visit the Tupelo 30/30 page.  i may post the poems here also as we go along.  if you would like to sponsor me (perhaps? please? you love books don't you?) please be in touch.

my words heart your words. & support.


No comments:

Post a Comment